Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Cure for the Winter Blues: Organize the Jewelry

I have a great jewelry vanity. I say vanity rather than armoire, because this thing is huge. Here it is:


See. It's quite big. I am a jewelry addict. I have a lot of everything from rings to necklaces to earrings. Everything has just been kinda shoved in my vanity until now. I've sorted through everything and organized all the drawers. One problem is that there is not enough storage for all my necklaces. To rectify that problem, I made this great necklace holder awhile back.


It's just an old wood frame repainted. The middle is a chunk of plywood cut to fit in the frame with three cabinet knobs screwed into it. Perfect! (Except I think I need another one!)

Another problem is that the drawers in the vanity are slick on the inside and the jewelry all slides around when I open and shut them. So, I decided to line them with fabric I have laying around. But what fabric would work best to keep stuff from sliding? That's when I remembered I had an array of various colored felt laying around. Here's one drawer before I lined it:

And here it is after:

Much Better! I tested it out and no more sliding jewelry to get tangled together when I open or shut a drawer. Here's the whole thing organized and lined:

It's amazing how completing these small projects can make you feel like you just scaled a mountain top! Well, maybe not to the top of a mountain, but at least the top of the laundry pile! :)

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin