Monday, April 27, 2009

Twilight: Free Fonts and New Project

For those of you that haven't figured it out already, I am obsessed with the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer. I have read over and over again all four books. I was mildly annoyed by the first movie, but overall it was a decent representation of the book. I have higher hopes for the New Moon Movie because of a new director and promises to stay closer to the book for this storyline. But I digress.... Long story short, I have been doing many Twilight inspired crafts lately. Some for my own enjoyment, some for my store and some for Craftster.org swaps. In order to do some of these crafts, I've been searching the web for various stuff to help me out. One of the things I've come across is various free font downloads that match the fonts used on the book covers and in the books for various characters' handwriting. * I downloaded the fonts, printed out a sampling and compared them to the books. They do indeed all appear to match the ones used in the books. I used the fonts to create two projects:


These beauties are two wooden apples I found at a thrift store (woot!). I printed out the words using just regular paper and used modge podge to seal them on the apples. Ta-Da! A simple project for a Twilight lover to decorate her book shelf with.
Happy Crafting!


*Follow the embedded links to download the fonts for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin