Sunday, May 1, 2011

My take on bright and modern

Okay, so a couple of days ago I promised to do a post with my small take on bright and modern. Let me just reiterate that this is really a small project but one that can have big impact in the right space. I had two brass candlesticks that were shaped like deer. One was a buck and one a doe. They were an ugly brass. Did I take a before pic? Of course not. But you'll have to imagine with me. Everyone knows what ugly brass lamps (which are apparently now in again) look like. These were exactly like that. I took a great color of some trusty spray paint (after a layer of spray primer) and transformed them into this:


Didn't they turn out fabulous? Originally I was just going to paint these antique white but after I got the primer on, I was looking at my collection of spray paint when this bright beauty popped out at me. I thought, "why not?" If it looks weird I can always repaint it white. I'm so glad I painted them yellow. If you're like me and not totally sold on bright and modern, this is a great way to take something small and try it out for awhile. If it doesn't turn out you can always repaint it white!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin