Thursday, January 21, 2010

Quickie Project of the Week: Baby Stuff!

So this week's quickie project of the week is actually several small projects all to do with baby stuff! I finally got the nesting bug and I want to start making stuff for the baby. Part of the reason I haven't already is we are not finding out if it's a boy or girl until the big day. I finally decided I'm just going to make cute stuff anyway and if it's not for the right gender, I'll either give it away or keep it for future little ones. On to the projects!

First, I wanted to do some decorated onesies. I had bought the most adorable iron-on transfers made by Plaid on clearance for $1 per set of 2 transfers. I couldn't pass that up! I made two last night:

I just ironed the images on following the instructions that came with the transfers. (Set iron to highest cotton setting, no steam press firmly on hard surface for 60-80 seconds, let transfer paper cool, peel off paper)

Didn't they turn out super cute? I love the squirrel one! I was planning on sewing ruffles on the butt of that one using pink and white gingham, but my sewing machine broke last night. *sigh* Hubby is supposed to "fix it" tonight. I think it's beyond repair this time, but we'll see.



Another quick easy project I did last night was a picture for the baby's room. If it's a girl, I'm now leaning toward a grey, white and yellow color scheme for the room. Here's what I came up with:




I took a blank canvas from walmart (I think this one is 8 x 8 inches, but I'm not sure). I painted it a dark grey with acrylic paint (black and white mixed together). After it dried, I took some cutouts I made on my Mom's cricut last weekend. I used ModPodge and spread it over the back of each cutout with a paintbrush. I laid the cutouts where I wanted them and pressed them down fairly hard. I let them dry for a bit (around 10 minutes or so) before coating the whole canvas with another layer of ModPodge. TaDa! In less than 45 minutes or so, I had a super cute picture that will either hang in the baby's room, or get given to someone else!

Next time I make one of these, I'll try to remember to take in progress pics! I have to make at least one more now, in my "boy" color scheme of red, black, and white! ;) If I keep this up, I'm going to have double of everything!

Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you'll have twins? ;) Adorable stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Found you through Infarrantly Creative. Great blog you have. Adding you to my blog list. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin