Thursday, February 4, 2010

50 Projects in 2010

So, I am pretty addicted to the site known as Craftster.org. It's a great community of crafters who post on variuos boards about the projects they do. It also has a great swap system, where crafters from around the world can exchange crafted goods. I am frequently involved in swap or two over there.

Towards the end of last year, I became busy with this blog and Twitter and Etsy and didn't post much over on Craftster. This last couple of weeks, I've found myself sucked back into all the great stuff that's available over there.

One of those things is a craft-along board under the topic 50 projects in 2010. Check it out here. The premise is simple. You make a list of 50 projects that you want to complete by the end of the year. You post your list and then occasionally post your project on completing that list. I don't have a full 50 items on my list yet. (I'm leaving room to add projects throughout the year.) but here's what I have so far:

Stuff in bold is done, Stuff in red is a work in progress
1. Crib sheets (3-4 sets)
2. Baby blanket/quilt for my little one
3. Baby quilt for friend
4. Shirt for myself (already have pattern and fabric)
5. Dress for myself (already have pattern and fabric)
6. 3D blocks for baby out of fabric
7. Magnets for office board
8. Apron for me
9. Pillows (at lease 5-10 to sell)
10. Knit something (been meaning to learn this for years)
11. Finish wedding scrapbook (a year and a half later...)
12. Embroider something (need to learn this too.)
13. Sew a plushie of some kind
14. Infinity dress for myself
15. Recover dining room chairs
16. Recover club chairs from living room?
17. Window hanging for nursury
18. Memo/message board with shutters
19. crochet baby blanket
20. Make at least 10 gifts (birthday, holiday, whatever)
21. T-shirt quilt with old school shirts
22. Finish crocheting Mom's large doily (started this several years ago)
23. Felt some soap
24. Try wet felting something (scarf maybe?)
25. Needle felt a 3D object
26. Carve a rubber stamp (been wanting to try this)
27. Redesign logos for all of my stuff (blog, Etsy, etc)
28. Make some Rapunzel scarves with yarn stash (at least 2)
29. Make book page wreath
30. Learn to crochet with wire (jewelry)
31. Finally finish organizing craft room
32. Decorate onsies for the baby

So far that's a pretty good list. I have two projects done, so my total for the year so far is 2/50 (at least as far as the list goes!). I will be posting pics of the finished items later today (and maybe a sneak peek at the wip).

I thought I would share my list here as well to encourage those of you out here in blogland to join in the fun! Come up with your own list of projects to finish throughout the year. It doesn't have to be 50. You can participate in this craft-along by joining in on the fun over at Craftster, or simply put your list on your blog. Let me know if you're joining the fun. If enough people decided to join in, we may be able to make this into a linky party!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin