Thursday, February 4, 2010

More Baby Projects

I thought I would show you some of the stuff from my 50 project list. First I sewed a baby blanket for my friend.

The front is made with four squares of blue chenille (recycled from an old bedspread) and a chocolate brown velvet. I used satin binding around the whole thing. (babies love the texture of this!)

Back with just chenille:

I also made a boatload of onesies for my little one. Whether I have a boy or girl, I have onesies I can keep and some I can give away as gifts.

Remember this one:

Well, Hubby fixed my sewing machine (Hurray!!) so I was able to add the ruffles to the butt:

How cute is that?

I added a bow to this one:


I appliqued a few with felt. Tow truck:

Cowboy boot:


This next one, I'll probably add something else to, but I thought the iron on was too cute to pass up:

Whew! Now that I've shared these projects with you, I don't feel like such a slacker. Technically, this counts as 2 of my 50 projects so far. I'd better get cracking if I want to get all 50 acomplished by the end of the year! I should have another one of those projects done tonight. I'm making a rag quilt for the baby and I only have to sew on the back and I'm done with that one.

Here's the dilema on that: We are not finding out what we are having. I have two very distinct color choices as far as the nursery goes: boy = red, black and white and girl = gray and yellow. So, I'm getting ahead of myself by doing anything for the baby's room this far in advance. I decided to make a few things to tide myself over and whatever I don't end up needing will either get given away as gifts or sold. (The current WIP is in the boy color scheme of red, black and white.) Hopefully, I'll have pics of that to share with you tomorrow along with a link to a tutorial and additional tips on how I made mine.

Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

  1. I'm jealous! I always wanted to make a blanket but i can't sew straight to save my life! LOL Everything you made came out great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all so adorable, but my favorite is with the ruffle, too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't sew that straight either! I just do it and hope no one notices!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin