Monday, May 17, 2010

Inspiration Board: Kitchen

So for the next week or so, I'm going to be making up inspiration boards for decorating the new house. I finally get to paint and I am super excited!

This first board is for the kitchen. I already have started putting red and white in the kitchen we have now. I've always wanted to do the red and turquoise color scheme somewhere. Then I thought why not do that color scheme in the kitchen? I was thinking of doing it in mostly red and white with turquoise accents here and there. One of the walls in the new kitchen is already painted red.

I just realized that my dishes fit in perfectly with the scheme. (Why did I not think of this before!) Here's what those look like:
*These are from the Sophie Conran for Portmeirion Collection in celedon. I might have to consider glass front cabinets some day!

Here's some inspiration:

A retro looking take on the color scheme:*Source

A great table setting:
I love this rug idea using upholstery webbing and binding:

*Source for both

I do have a deck off the kitchen and this set from Crate and Barrel looks great!*Source

I also love this rug:
*Source

Wouldn't this look pretty on the table?:*Source

I can't wait to get started on decorating my new house! I will be doing more inspiration boards for the new house as time allows. How soon I'll actually decorate those rooms is another story!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin