Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Yes, Virginia, I can sew a zipper!

I have always wanted to figure out how to sew zippers in things. I never thought I would be able to. But, today is a new day! I followed a fellow craftsters tutorial:


I was amazed at how relatively easy it was! I, of course, got ahead of myself a few times, and had to unpick seams and resew, but I am very pleased with the final product. Here it is:

I used a vintage handkerchief I found at a thrift store for the outside fabric. It had these three cute ships embroidered on it.


I used a blue cotton for the inside lining.


And here's a close-up of the zipper:

Never be afraid to try new things! I love the results of this (even if there was a bit of swearing involved in the making)! ;) It turned our really cute. Now I must make more. I have oodles of vintage hankies just waiting to become cosmetic pouches!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin