Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Inspiration Tuesday: Thanksgiving Decorating

Okay, so you already know I've been bitten by the Christmas bug early. I thought for today's Inspiration Tuesday I would show some great decorating inspiration for the post-Halloween through Thanksgiving season.

First up is a couple of Thanksgiving table settings from Country Living.

I love the edge of the tablecloth! This could be easily replecated with burlap and a fabric marker or you could use the drop cloths everyone is making curtains out of.

I love the vivid colors of this tablescape paired with the muted tones of pewter containers holding bright berry twigs.


What a great idea to use black and white family photos for a centerpiece! The photos here are just propped up with a display of gords, but you could put them in frames, glass containers, or use any number of different ways to display them. All of these and many more great ideas can be found here.

Check out these fun clip art projects from Martha Stewart:

Cute turkey place cards (project link here):


Or how about these adorable squirrel favor wrappers (project link here):
Find these projects and several others for Thanksgiving centerpeices and decor on Martha's website here.

And lastly, how about taking advantage of the fact that a lot of fall decor is already going on sale or clearance, even those fake pumpkins. They just need a little love to make them look fabulous like this:


Head on over to Shanty2Chic for a great tutorial on making these bad boys.

Wow. After seeing all this great Thanksgiving decorating, I need to clean my house. The second that Halloween is over, I'm changing out the decor! (Not that it will take much. I only managed to decorate my porch and have a few things hanging in the dining room.)

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin