Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Inspiration Tuesday: Rooms for the Baby

Last night I had a moment of panic when I realized that the baby is due the first week of April. That means we have less that four months to buy a house and decorate a nursery. (I don't know if the house will actually get bought before we have the baby, but a girl can dream!) I have some ideas of what I want to do for decorations. We aren't finding out if we are having a girl or a boy, so the decorating will have to wait until after the baby is born anyway. Anywho, enough rambling. Because of all of this, I thought I would showcase some inspiration for nursery (or even older kid's) rooms for today's Inspiration Tuesday.

I have thought about doing a red, black, and white room if we have a boy. Like this one:

*Source

I don't know if I'll be bold enough to paint those stripes on the walls, but I love the look of red, black and white all together.

But then again, a nautical themed room would also be super cute.

*Source


I love the ship graphic! Super cute.

I've been thinking for a girl, I would do turquoise and red. Here's one that incorporated yellow and a few other bright colors that's nice:

*Source

I had thought I would try to stay away from being too girly...but then I saw this:

*Source

Adorable!


Then there's this one:

*Source


I love it!

I also saw a recent episode of Designed to Sell on HGTV, where they took a cute toile fabric that was turquoise blue and really bright pink and designed the whole room on that color scheme. They painted the walls blue (similar to the color on the wall in the third pic above) and the furniture the bright pink. It was super cute. I cannot for the life of me right now find either a picture of the room, or the fabric. I'm currently scouring fabric sites to locate it. If I find it, I'll let you know!

Tip: Today most of the ideas I found on Design Dazzle and then tracked down to the original posts. It's a great place to start looking at ideas for nursery and kids rooms!

Got a nursery that you decorated? Want to share? Leave a comment here or contact me through my profile!


Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin