Friday, September 11, 2009

Funky Find Friday: ATCs

No tutorial yet this week. Everything has been crazy. Tuesday was my birthday, Wednesday was a friend's birthday, etc. Haven't had much time to do any crafting. *sniff* But for today's post, I thought I would show you my newest craft: ATCs. What exactly is an ATC you ask? ATC stands for artist trading card. According to Wikipedia, "Artist Trading Cards (or ATCs) are miniature works of art about the same size as modern baseball cards,[1] or 2 ½ X 3 ½ inches (6cm X 9cm),[2] small enough to fit inside standard card-collector pockets, sleeves or sheets.[3] The ATC movement developed out of the mail art movement and has its origins in Switzerland.[4] Cards are produced in various media, including dry media (pencils, pens, markers, etc), wet media (watercolor, acrylic paints, etc), paper media (in the form of collage, papercuts, found objects, etc). The cards are usually traded or exchanged rather than sold." Source


Source


I have recently started making a few of these fine creations. What do I do with them? Why trade them with other artists of course. Where do I do that? No other place than Craftster.org, of course! I am currently in the ATC Swap over there and loving it.

Source
There are so many different techniques people use to make ATCs, it's just amazing. If you want to check out some of these great techniques, head on over to this Craftster post or just check out their ATC Board generally. Another great place to check out ATCs is over of Flicker. I just did a search for ATC and this is what came up. So much great stuff. ATCs are also great for scrapbookers who have lots of little bits left over and nothing else to do with them.
Happy Crafting!
*None of the ATCs picture are mine, but I am planning on uploading examples of my stuff later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin