Thursday, September 3, 2009

We went shopping!!!

Considering the place we are in life, Hubby and I have never really bought any brand new furniture (with the exception of a cheap crappy futon which doesn't count). Everything has always been used and/or hand-me-down. We needed a couch desperately. Our living room seating consisted of two of these:


Sure they look nice, but there is no padding in them whatsoever. We're talking very uncomfortable. Plus, with two club chairs, there was no cuddling while watching a movie and to stretch out, you have to lay on our rock hard floor (I'm pretty sure there's no carpet padding under there.) So, after saving up some dough and looking at 5,000 couches over the span of the last six months or so, we finally bought one this week. We bought it from A & W Furniture* right here in town. Although we did not purchase it at their regular store, but from the clearance warehouse across the street. We picked this one up for $399 plus tax. I thought is was a good deal. It's brand spanking new and comfy. (Although Hubby is slightly disappointed there are no recliner ends.) So, without further ado, I give you our brand new couch:

Isn't it great? It's just overstuffed enough to be comfy with out being obnoxious. The color is a nice tan. I am worried about it a little over time being too light and showing stains, but we'll see. We had two nieces and a nephew over last night and a weird stain appeared out of thin air. *sigh* On the bright side however, I was able to wipe it right off the microfiber faux suede with nothing more than a warm washcloth. I hope it works like that forever! ;) I plan on rearranging the living room to fit the furniture better when we don't have to have the air conditioner in one window. Which has been most of the summer, but you know what I mean. So, what do you think of the couch?

Happy Crafting!

*Featured on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition!

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin